Last Updated: March 12, 2023
Welcome to Vehya Inc.! This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information (defined below) of Site Users (defined below) and other Site users (defined below) (“You,“ “Your”).
The types of information we may collect from You or that You may provide when You contact us or visit the Vehya Inc. Sites are defined below, as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
If You do not agree with our policies and practices, Your choice is not to use our Vehya Inc. Sites, or any Vehya Inc. Services. By accessing or using the Vehya Inc. Sites or using the GET A QUOTE Services, You indicate that You understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. We will from time to time update this Privacy Notice as necessary to ensure that it remains accurate and up to date. Your continued use of the Vehya Inc. Sites or Vehya Inc. Services after we make changes indicates that You accept and consent to those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
What Does Vehya Inc. Do?
Vehya Inc. is an innovative company that facilitates turnkey, home EV charging installations across North America and globally by connecting Site Users (or potential Site Users) of elective vehicles (“Site Users”) with qualified third-party EV charging station Service Providers (“Service Providers”) (the “Services”). We typically provide the Services on behalf of licensed electricians, EV manufacturers, auto dealers, fleet managers, and property owners, other businesses with EV interest (our “Customers”).
We connect with Site Users in the following ways:
- Our customers connect us with Site Users so that we may reach out directly to Site Users to connect them with Service Providers;
- Site Users contact us directly using phone, email, or through one of our Vehya Inc. Sites (defined below) to find qualified Service Providers;
- When providing our Services for our Customers we process personal information about individuals on their behalf and at their direction, as outlined in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice does not explain how our Customers, Service Providers, or other third parties may process Your personal information.
What this Privacy Notice Covers:
- Personal Information Collected From Vehya Inc. Sites: This Privacy Notice applies to all users of Vehya Inc. websites www.vehya.com and apps (each a “Vehya Inc. Site” and collectively “Vehya Inc. Sites“);
- Personal Information About Site Users: We collect personal information about Site Users to provide our Service;
- Personal Information About Our Service Providers: We may collect personal information about representatives from businesses interesting in becoming authorized Vehya Inc. Service Providers;
- Personal Information About Our Customers: We may collect personal information about representatives from Customers as part of our normal business-to-business due diligence and communications;
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of personal information in the context of working as an employee, agent, job applicant, contractor, or other member of Vehya Inc.’s workforce.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information about You which (i) can be used to identify, contact, or locate You; (ii) can be combined with other information that is linked You; or (iii) is defined as “personal data” or “personal information” by applicable laws or regulations relating to the collection, use, storage or disclosure of information about You. Personal information includes contact information (e.g. email address, mailing address, or telephone number), online information (e.g. IP addresses or other identifiers), and other data which can be used individually or in combination with other data to identify an individual (such as gender, age, or general location).
What Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following categories of personal information from You when You use our Services:
- Identifiers like Your name, address, telephone number, email address, unique personal identifier, IP address;
- Internet activity on Vehya Inc. Sites;
- General location data like Your street address, city, and zip code;
- Other personal information that You voluntarily provide to us via forms, communications (phone calls, emails, messages, etc.).
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect and process personal information in the following ways:
- Personal Information You Provide Directly To Us;
- Vehya Inc. collects personal information from You when You;
- Provide it to us through one of our Vehya Inc. Sites;
- Provide it to us using a technology integration on a third-party sites. When we do this, You will see the VEHYA or similar notice with a link to this Privacy Notice;
- Contact us via email or phone to communicate with us;
- Provide Your contact information on a form and submit it to us;
- Connect with our social media pages;
- Sign up for marketing, an event, a contest, or other offering we may present;
- Volunteer personal information to us;
- Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
When You access a Vehya Inc. Site, we automatically collect personal information associated with Your access and use of the site. This information may include Your internet protocol (IP) address(es), the region or general location where Your computer or device is accessing the internet, the browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of the Vehya Inc. Site(s), such as Your page-views, referral URLs, etc. Vehya Inc. collects and uses this type of information to help us understand how users interact with the Vehya Inc. Sites, to provide You with a more relevant experience, and to enhance our business offerings. We have a legitimate interest in learning how to improve our Vehya Inc. Sites, our Services, customer engagement, marketing, and advertising.
Personal Information We Collect From Others
On occasion, Vehya Inc. receives personal information about individuals from third parties. In particular, we may receive personal information about:
- Site Users from our Customers when they provide it to us;
- Site Users from our Service Providers when they confirm an installation, service request, or other interaction with Site Users;
- Visitors to Vehya Inc. Sites from our advertising, analytics, and internet service provider partners related to a visitor’s interactions with our Vehya Inc. Sites or advertisements;
- Company and Service Provider representatives from their respective organizations;
- Other third parties on occasion when provided for legitimate business operational purposes.
- We don’t buy or sell personal information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies We Utilize
You have a choice about the placement of cookies on Vehya Inc. Sites. You can use your web browser to directly block all cookies, or just third-party cookies, through Your browser settings. Using Your browser settings to block all cookies, including strictly necessary ones, may interfere with proper site operation. Guidance on how to control cookies in popular browsers are contained in their privacy and/or security settings.
You can also find additional information on cookie controls and advertisement here:Network Advertising Initiative
Google allows users to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services. You can adjust Your settings, download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice and in other notices at or before the point of collection from You, we may use Your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Vehya Inc. Sites;
- Subject to any consent requirements, send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to You by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- Develop and improve our Services;
- Facilitating our business partnerships, customer assistance, quality assurance, and other operational purposes;
- Subject to any consent requirements, send promote use of our services to You and share promotional and information content with You in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our individuals. When we do so, this information will not be used to identify any individual and will only be shared on an aggregate and de-identified basis;
- Contact You about technical, operational, and administrative matters;
- Investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; or
- Meet legal requirements.
How We Share Information With Others
We (or our service providers on our behalf) may share Your personal information as required or permitted by law:
- With Service Providers in order to facilitate the installation of EV charging stations;
- With our Customers to provide our Service to them;
- With our service providers pursuant to a contract by which they are required to protect Your personal information, including:
- Data processing contractors that provide computer services on our behalf;
- Web hosting or web development firms that host or develop parts of Vehya Inc. Sites;
- Distribution firms that will fulfill Your requests;
- Billing firms that process Your orders;
- Mailing firms that will assist us with our mailings;
- Marketing firms that will assist us with direct marketing;
- Data analytics firms that help us conduct customer research and analyze users’ interactions with Vehya Inc. Sites;
- Service contractors that provide facilities engineering services on our behalf.
With Third Parties:
- To facilitate a direct relationship with You, including in connection with any program we administer jointly or on behalf of the business partner;
- To enable electronic communications with You as part of a purchase, a program, or other activity in which You have elected to participate;
- With a purchaser of Vehya Inc. or any of the Vehya Inc. affiliates (or their assets);
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Vehya Inc. or our business partners;
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Sharing Information With Our Service Providers
Some of our Vehya Inc. Owned Sites are hosted by Godaddy and Amazon Website Services. We share data including (i) information about Your browser, network and device; (ii) web pages You visited prior to coming to the Squarespace-hosted website; and (iii) Your IP address. Squarespace needs the data to run these sites, and to protect and improve its platform and services. Squarespace analyzes the data in a de-personalized form.
Some of our Vehya Inc. Owned Sites are hosted on HubSpot. Hubspot collects and processes Personal Information at our direction and is subject to our instructions on how to process Personal Information on our behalf.
Sharing Information With Our Remarketing Providers
The security of Your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted to the Vehya Inc. Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Vehya Inc. Sites.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Third Party Links
Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of the United States may be able to obtain access to Your personal information through the laws of that country. If You reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in Your country.
Canadian Privacy Rights
If You are a resident of Canada, under Canadian law have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that Vehya Inc. holds about You.
If You want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of Your personal information You may send us an email at ev@Vehya Inc..com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to us. Please note that if You withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide You with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to You at the time to help you with your decision. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge You a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify You of any fee in advance. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm Your identity and Your right to access, and to provide You with the personal information that we hold about You or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide You with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about You, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made Your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide You with access to Your personal information, we will inform You of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Where You have provided Your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of Your personal information, You may have the legal right to withdraw Your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw Your consent, if applicable, contact us at ev@Vehya Inc..com.
Please note that if you withdraw Your consent, we may not be able to provide You with the Services or Vehya Inc. Sites. We will explain the impact to You at the time to help You with Your decision.
If You are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, You may contact our Vehya Inc. Privacy Officer at ev@Vehya Inc..com.
Data Collected From Children
The Vehya Inc. Sites are not intended for children under Thirteen (13) years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Vehya Inc. Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under Thirteen (13). If You are under Thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information on the Vehya Inc. Sites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under Thirteen (13), please contact us at ev@Vehya Inc..com.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission have promoted the concept of Do Not Track as a mechanism to permit Internet users to control online tracking activity across websites through their browser settings. Since no industry standard has been adopted, we currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do-not-track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit Vehya Inc. Sites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our data practices. If we make any material changes we will notify You by email (if applicable) or by means of a notice on our website or in the Vehya Inc. Sites prior to becoming effective. We encourage You to periodically review this page for the latest data on our privacy practices.
Contact Information for Complaints or Concerns
If You have any questions or comments about Vehya Inc.’s Privacy Notice please email Your questions or comments to email@example.com.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.
Effective Date: June 31, 2021
Last Updated: March 12, 2023
Like our Privacy Notice, this CCPA Policy does not apply to workforce-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals. Where noted in this CCPA Policy, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”) from some its requirements.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect from: Parties with Whom Information May Be Shared for Business Purposes for Which Personal Information May Be Used or Disclosed
Identifiers: For example, Your name, address, telephone number, email address, unique personal identifier, IP address, Service Providers, Customers, service providers, advertisers, law enforcement.
To fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information. For example, if You share your name and contact information to request information about an Service Provider, we will collect that information and share it with the appropriate Service Provider.
Performance of our contract with You or our Customers.
Protecting against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity.
To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
Use of service providers: We share information with service providers to perform services on our behalf, in compliance with our Privacy Notice and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Advertising: We process online identifiers and other information about Your interactions with advertisements, to provide advertising.
Legal reasons: We may process personal information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement.
As described to You when collecting Your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): For example, Your name, signature, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, and credit card number. Service Providers, Customers, service providers, advertisers, law enforcement.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: For example, Your age, Customers, Service Providers, service providers, law enforcement.
Commercial information: For example, Your purchase of an electric vehicle. Customers, Service Providers, service providers.
Internet or other similar network activity: For example, the pages viewed on Vehya Inc. Sites. Analytics and network/webpage Security providers.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Access: You have the right to know (and request that we disclose to You) what personal information collected, sold, and disclosed about You.
Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any of Your personal information that we collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information. If You are age 16 or older, You have the right to direct us to not sell Your personal information at any time. We do not sell the personal information of consumers, including those under 16 years of age.
Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny You goods or services; (ii) charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (iii) provide You a different level or quality of goods or services; or (iv) suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
The CCPA temporarily exempts B2B personal information from these requirements, so our B2B contacts may not receive substantive responses to these requests.
Exercising Your Rights and Choices To exercise Your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by emailing us at ev@Vehya.com with the subject line: CCPA REQUEST.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on Your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to Your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
Your request to know or delete must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include providing us with Your name, email address, physical address, and other information we may need to verify Your identity, which varies depending on Your relationship with us. We cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if we cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.